Kindle Wireless Reading Device
The new Kindle DZ from Amazon has a nice 9.7″ screen and is essentially a wireless newspaper or book. It’s very slim and looks nice sitting on a coffee table for sure, but does it actually work or is it just another gimmick. (man i hate gimmicks)
Well we are not sure really, from what we’ve seen online it looks great, and we didn’t feel like spending the $259.00 that it cost for the product just to write a review. Sorry we have a limited budget.
Here are some stats/specs on the device
- Wireless 3G for free, so it doesn’t require an internet connection
- Auto Rotating Screen just like the iPad and iPhone.
- It can hold up to 3,500 books or articles.
- The battery life is huge something like 24-48 hours
- Text to speech will read you a story
- Has the ability to read pdf files right off the shelf with no modifications.
- Get a book in under a minute, fast.
- It has a gray scale adjustment that helps you make the screen brighter or darker depending on the room lighting and device angle.
- Books from Amazon are cheaper than the paper versions.
So what demographic is this going to appeal to? Well before the iPad this would have been great for 20-30 somethings trying to be hip sitting around a coffee house. Now we are not sure. The price tag of near $300 is a bit high just for a digital book, but if you ran a library it might be nice to have these laying around for people to check out for a few hours.
iPad Killing Amazon’s Kindle
Here are some video reviews so you can see what the device actually looks like in a vid.
Tags: 9.7" kindle wireless, amazon kindle, Amazon Kindle Sucks, Amazon Kindle Sucks video, amazons kindle dx, kindle dz, kindle wireless, Kindle Wireless Reading, new kindle, reading device, Why Amazon Kindle Sucks, wireless reading device