There is so much hype about blogging nowadays that it’s hard to distinguish fact from fiction. So here are a few helpful tips for beginning blogger’s.
So lets get rid of the myth’s right now. If you are starting or wanting to start a blog to get rich, become famous, or take over the world…we want to let you know. It most likely isn’t going to happen. In order to run a successful blog you need to create unique content on something you are good at, for years.
Tips for Beginners
- Do choose a subject you are knowledgeable about.
- Don’t choose a subject that you think will make money like banking, credit cards, insurance, or similar unless you are a specialist in that field.
- Get a real domain. If you are serious don’t use a service like blogger.com or blogspot.com . Pony up the $10 a year for a domain, and the $8 or so dollars a month it cost to get cheap hosting. This will give you much more credibility.
- Get users to sign up to your newsletter or follow you on twitter.
- Monetize using a service like buysellads.com or google adsense
- Write at least 1 article a week, but preferably 1 every week day
- If you use wordpress as a platform be sure to fill in the tags for maximum search engine traffic.
- Don’t overuse plugins. Less is usually more.
- Use plugins like All-In-One SEO, it will rewrite your pages and help boost your seo traffic as well.
- Don’t give up. It takes time. Don’t expect to be #1 on the search engines over night. It takes some time to get listed in the search engines, and even longer to climb to the top 10.
- Sign up for our Newsletter and get the ultimate webmasters guide for free, and updates.