Here is a quick question. You have a website, the website is doing fairly well, why even bother with creating a blog? Why have a blog on your website?
Well there are few major reasons that I can think of, and I will post them up as they come to mind.
- Blogs give a website a human touch, they let the users know that If they need you they can post a question or comment, and you’ll respond.
- Blogs show users that your site is current, assuming your content is fresh.
- Blogs display your personality in your writing styles.
- Blogs generate backlinks and boost your entire websites performance.
- Blogs are the best way (in my opinion) to generate newsletter subscribers, that will allow you to better sell your goods and services and monetize your users.
- Blogs are Web 2.0 Ish they are interactive, and allow users to use rss to republish your content.
- Blogs integrate with FaceBook, and Twitter so that you can post something 1x, and have it distributed everywhere.
- It’s just good seo, blogging and posting fresh content weekly will generate traffic in the long run, as well as tell the search engines that you update often.
Photo by antwerpe