If you’ve ever attempted to send or receive some of these 6+ Megapixel Camera photos to or from the internet you’ve almost certainly came across an issue where an image was way way to big. While these new cameras take great pictures, they are not very accommodating when it comes the the web. So how do you make these pictures or photos small enough to send online, while still keeping the quality.
Luckily windows comes with some software we can use to scale down the software at least for the purpose of emailing the items. We are going to use the OutLook or Outlook Express picture utility. Don’t worry we aren’t going to send the items via outlook, we’re just using their software to squish the files.
Here are the steps
- Select the Image or Images you want to make smaller
- Right click a image, select send to, then Mail Recipient
- Send Picture Via Email Wizard Pops Up
- Make Sure Make My Pictures Smaller is selected
- Click OK
- Right click ad save, or copy and paste the images from the next screen
There you go, your images are now much smaller. Be sure not so save over your high resolution images. You may want to create a new folder to save the smaller images to.
If you want to see pictures of the steps please look below.