5 Tips for Bidding on Keywords
- Always bid .01 above numbers divisible by 5 or 10. If your bid is .10 make it .11 if its .15 make it .16
- Use conversions to check effectiveness of Keywords, drop those that don’t convert
- If using Google Adwords check Avg. Pos. (average keyword position) as it relates to conversions. If you convert better at an Avg. Pos. of 3 or 4 there is no reason to pay top dollar for the keyword to be ranked #1.
- Choose your demographics in order to be more cost effective.
- Test, test, test, and update. Don’t set it and forget it. Make sure you review and tweak your settings as needed, at least 1x per week.